Taurus THD-450T Bass Amplifier
The Taurus THD450T is a 450W/RMS bass head with a double input stage including both transistor and tube pre-amps. The transistor pre-amp ensures great sound dynamics while the tube pre-amp provides a warm, soft sound. Both pre-amps can be steplessly mixed to offer the whole spectrum of desired sounds, from crisp and clear to slightly over driven tube. The Taurus THD-450T is equipped with the very effective and easy to operate MLO tone control system designed to find the right sound quickly. Tone setting characteristics are designed to reveal the character of the particular instrument, meeting its both technical and musical parameters. Extra precise control over middle range is effected by a parametric equalizer and pre-amp filters switches. Even thought the amplifier is operating in very low frequencies, the bass sound is still impressively selective. Unique high quality optical limiter is built in for fast and noiseless operation.
The Taurus THD-450T is powered by outstandingly efficient high energy Switching Mode Power Supply which ensures extremely high dynamics and power in a light weight and compact cabinet.
- Power output: 450W RMS / 4ohm , 300W RMS / 8ohm
- Main features: 2 preamps - tube and transistors / analog device / SMPS
- Inputs: passive & active
- GAIN control with overload indicator. Operating with Gain and Input Mix player can obtain sound very close to acoustic bass or fretless bass guitar. The area around knobs marked by a break-off line indicates the region where the level of compression and distortion allows achieving the desired effect.
- MIX fluent signal adjustment of the input between 2 sections of the amplifier - tubes and transistors.
- COMPRESSOR/LIMITER to control dynamic of sound
- BASS and TREBLE equalizer with "MLO system" (Middle-range Level Optimization).
- Triple BASS-switch to reduce or boost low frequency [DBS-cut/OFF/DBS-boost]
- Triple TREBLE-switch to reduce or boost high frequency [CUT/OFF/PRESENCE]
- PARAMETRIC EQUALIZER for precise control of middle range (120Hz-4kHz)
- PUNCH button - increases sonic expression
MLO EQ - TECH INFO:
- BASS: 40Hz +/-10dB @550Hz -/+4dB
- BASS Boost/Cut: 60Hz +/-6dB
- TREBLE: 5kHz +15dB / 8kHz -15dB,
- TREBLE Boost/Cut: 6kHz +8dB/-13dB
- EQ MIDDLE: 120Hz-4kHz +/-12dB
- PUNCH: 300Hz +8dB
- MUTE button
- CLIP power amp indicator
- PEAK preamp overload indicator
- Effect loops: SEND / RETURN (jack 1/4 inch)
- Outputs: XLR balanced LINE output with PRE/POST switch and GROUND LIFT circuit switch,TUNER, SPEAKERS (combo speakon/jack)
- Protections: short circuit, thermal overload, power overload
- Forced cooling system with electronic efficiency control
- Dimensions: 19” / 1,5 rackspaces (H x W x D) 66x483x190mm
- Weight: 4.2 kg